Friday, August 29, 2008

A Few Choice Words

It's crazy around here, and I haven't been tending to this sanity-saving area. But it's finally Friday, and I would like to go into the three-day weekend with this:

"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got."

"Balls to you, daddy."

"No, I don't want to battle
from beginning to end
don't want to cycle or recycle revenge;
I don't want to follow death and all of his friends."

These are a few of the lyrics I have been moved to write down on a post-it and stick to the tower of my CPU this past week. They are from Sheryl Crow, The Clash, and Coldplay, respectively. I also have one from KT Tunstall: "affection is yours if you ask; first you must take off your mask." But that doesn't seem to fit in the attitude I need for work these days. Home, yes; work, not so much.

Also, in case you were wondering, here's the story of my tagline. I bald-facedly stole it from John Cusack.

You're welcome.

No comments: