Thursday, September 25, 2008

Graduation Day

As of 8 a.m. yesterday, I was no longer the New Girl.

A new writer started, and if memory serves (doubtful in the midst of these review pages) she will be overwhelmed with information in short order.

She is sitting in JD's old desk, so right over a cube wall from me. They changed the door (? door — how about opening) to her cube, so it faces a less busy hallway. When they did it, they made a lot of noise, which I wouldn't have minded so much if they had bothered to pop over and say, "Hey, we're going to be making a lot of noise over here for a while." I mean, it's just common courtesy.

To add to New Girl's confusion, we're in the middle of a catalog (I started right after the book had dropped, and it was a slow period until the Web Project from Hell); it was a Food Day (don't ask); and we played a Wii at noon.

Now I had never touched a Wii in my life (Weird Guy loves when I say that), and I got roped in. While I would rather have sat quietly in my cube paying bills during lunch, I did play a shooting game and skee ball. I was pretty bad at both, thank you very much. At least I have an idea of what a Wii is, though. In a couple of years, unless they come up with something else (and they will), my kids will be asking for one. I should start practicing now.

No comments: